THE LATEST NEWS
- West Town have released a set of CaSuMi chairs for young children with Gorillaz designs (see below).
- Superplastic have announced a blind box range of 12 smaller Gorillaz figures; with 6 rarer colour variants (see right).
- A boxset celebrating Phase 1 titled Gorillaz: 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe Vinyl Boxset will be released on the 10th of December; limited to 4000 copies at launch and includes a new album, Live at the Forum, 2001 & a new EP, Demoz.
- A Song Machine Live from Kong performance from last year will be shown in cinemas on December 8th (see above).
- The G Foot Capsule Collection has been restocked, with a new Crane Holiday shirt added to
WHO ARE GORILLAZ?
In 1998, Blur frontman Damon Albarn OBE & Tank Girl artist Jamie Hewlett were sharing a flat together & binge-watching MTV, eventually becoming sick of the lack of substance and offering to counter the emptiness of modern Pop music with a group who could muster more personality & identity without any of the members even existing; one day later, Gorillaz was born.
WHAT MAKES GORILLAZ SPECIAL?
Musically, Gorillaz stand out as a group capable of tackling almost every genre out there, often drawing from a wide pool of collaborators to fuse and blend drastically different styles, giving themselves a unique sound that stands out against most other musicians.
Image-wise, their major hook is simply not being real. All of the band members are fictitious cartoon characters with significant roles in the band, their own musical backgrounds and developed backstories; paired with personalities that make them compelling characters worth following as the story of their career continues to progress over the years.